[DG: Teaching & Learning] Behavior of "Save and Don't Release" in Assignments tool

Gordon, Patricia S. (Trisha) (psg3a) psg3a at eservices.virginia.edu
Mon Jul 14 09:43:37 PDT 2014

Dear Neal, et al,

      In discussion with our local Sakai support team this morning, we
think the behavior of the "Save and Don't Release" button should be as
follows, whether or not resubmissions are allowed:

      1) No (new) feedback should be released to the student;
      2) Students should *not* be able to resubmit until the assignment
(and new feedback) is released/returned by the instructor; and
      3) Previously released feedback should continue to be available to
students.

      We also wonder if changing the label of the button to "Save Draft
and Don't Release" would make the expected behavior clearer to the
instructor?

      Thanks for seeking our input!
      Trisha

---
Trisha Gordon
Interim Director, UVaCollab Applications and Support