[DG: Teaching & Learning] Experience Creating Web-Based Tutorials in Sakai

Ellis, Kate kdellis at indiana.edu
Mon Apr 12 11:28:20 PDT 2010

Hi Hannah,

We have been piloting SoftChalk as an alternative to Melete / modules and are pleased with results, except that it is not truly integrated into Oncourse, our flavor of Sakai, as of this semester. Hopefully it will happen soon--although there is a major technical glitch-- but I've learned the hard way not to believe it till I see it. And, as far as I know, Softchalk activities cannot send data to the Sakai gradebook. But as far as easy, simple web page creation, it works great. You can download a free 30 day trial, and test it out Another possibility--have you tried Adobe Presenter?

Best,
Kate

Kate Ellis

Learning Technologies Consultant
Indiana University Bloomington
Teaching and Learning Technologies Center
Wells Library 305 West Tower
812-855-9024
kdellis at indiana.edu