[DG: Teaching & Learning] [libsakai] Nov 19: Library & Sakai 3 Integration Web Meeting

Gaurav Bhatnagar gbhatnag at umich.edu
Wed Nov 18 07:52:49 PST 2009

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your message.  We are not specifically defining "scholarly
resources" but letting our users do so.  We want to learn about how they
think about scholarly resources and uncover resources they use regularly
that are not traditionally perceived as scholarly.  What we are finding is
that many instructors are using more emerging technologies and web resources
(i.e. Wikipedia, YouTube, Google Images) for their teaching than ever
before.  Although scholarly resources may remain to be seen as peer-reviewed
journal articles and the like, we want to be sure that what we design fits
their broader and evolving teaching needs.

Others in the group may have ideas about this as well and are welcome to add
to or correct what I've stated here!

Thanks,
Gaurav