[DG: Teaching & Learning] [WG: Accessibility] [Management] Fwd: Sakai 3 Capabilities and Accessibility

Michael S Elledge elledge at msu.edu
Fri Nov 6 07:27:54 PST 2009

Hi Eli (and everyone)--

It sounds like providing a text-based editor (with markdown or wiki
markup) and using TinyMC as the rich text editor (rather than CKeditor)
is the way to go, per our conference call yesterday on accessibility,
Indiana University's testing and John Norman's comments about Sakai 3
plans (to replace FCK with Tiny).

I wonder if we shouldn't make the text-based editor the default, with
rich text editing the option, instead of the other way around. Do we
know often a rich text editor is used and needed?

What do you think?

Mike