[DG: Teaching & Learning] Interface Mock-Ups In Sakai

Charlie Macchia cmacchia at BrainOVision.com
Thu May 21 06:23:28 PDT 2009

Hi Sean, I noticed you had some insight into this sort of thing, so I
thought it might be worth while asking.

Currently, or in the near future, do you know if it¹s possible to train/test
people on an working interface mock-up of a given piece of gear/software -
say a medical pump, or even a software interface using Sakai?

I know when Sakai III hits, you should be able to pull something off using
it¹s AJAX structure, but for now ...

.. I know it¹s quite possible to mock these things up in Flash, but
integrating that Flash animation with Sakai ­ as far as I¹ve found - is
pretty much only superficial (yes, you can host the test/training interface
in Flash, you can even put your Flash movie/mock-up into a Samigo window,
but it does not connect its results in any way with Sakai¹s reporting,
Samigo/Sakai merely host the flash file ­ so you can¹t get any site wide
results/averages/etc).

I know HTML 5 is slowly making its way to fruition ­ which, I¹m hoping ­
will negate the need for using Flash to mock up an interface (perhaps with
some sort of basic way to animate vector graphics): regardless, I¹m
wondering if you know of any solutions that may have happened ( or will soon
) to allow for testing/training on interface mockups?

Thanks
Charlie