[DG: Teaching & Learning] Second Life in Sakai

Sean DeMonner demonner at umich.edu
Wed May 20 09:40:10 PDT 2009

Verity,

The short answer is no. Aside from creating SLURL resources and
posting those on a Sakai website, I'm not aware of any Sloodle-like
integration points.

That said I experimented with this notion a bit a year ago and posted
the following blog summary:

	http://mblog.lib.umich.edu/slum/archives/2008/08/slakai_paris_co.html

Mostly it was related to getting the Sakai community interested in
holding virtual conferences but I was also interested in gauging
interest in building integration points. There wasn't much at that
time given other priorities :-(

I'd definitely be interested in hearing if you find more interest in
this time around.

SMD.

On May 20, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Verity Allan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a researcher here who uses Second Life as a means of teaching
> second languages to people.  She's interested in finding out
> whether it
> can be embedded into VLEs, such as the Cambridge instance of Sakai,
> CamTools.
>
> We're naturally very interested in the project, and wondered
> whether any
> of you have any experience of integrating Second Life with a VLE
> such as
> Sakai.  If any of you know of anyone that's developed a plug-in or
> similar
> to allow Second Life to be used in Sakai, that would be really useful.
>
> If you have any questions or suggestions, please get back to me.
>
> Regards,
> Verity Allan
> Camtools Team
>
> CARET, University of Cambridge

SMD.

Sean DeMonner, IT Senior Project Manager, CTools Implementation Group
Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, U-M      (734) 615-9765