[DG: Teaching & Learning] OpenEd Practices

Nate Angell nate.angell at rsmart.com
Wed Jul 15 14:04:39 PDT 2009

I'm totally open to OpenedPractices.org (OP.org) becoming whatever the
community wants it to become.

I haven't been able to spend as much time administering it, but am
open to making certain interventions if they are not hugely ambitious
and/or I'm not working totally alone. I know we've worked some with
Josh Baron's group at Marist in the past, and they may still be open
to helping work for the site.

rSmart can continue to host the site, so I don't see any issue there.

One thing is I personally bought the domain OP.org and while it's not
a huge deal, it might make more sense for the Sakai Foundation to own
it as I'm a single point of failure.

Robin: I'm working out a way for http://mysakai.rsmart.com to host
fullblown Sakai sample sites (more on that soon), but it would be hard
for OP.org to host such sites as it's in Drupal, not Sakai. Seems like
we'd want to list them in OP.org tho, and have that be the central
directory for all open/shared site demos.

I'd love to participate in a call specifically around how to augment
OP.org, including changes we might make to better support TWSIA.
Should we just dedicate a T&L call to OP.org?

--
Nate Angell
Client Evangelist