[DG: Open Forum] Sakai OAE

Mark J. Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 7 16:38:58 PDT 2012

On 9/7/2012 6:49 PM, Nicola Monat-Jacobs wrote:
> > For years now, the CLE has stagnated
>
> I don't wholly agree. Could it have used more resources during this
> period? Most definitely. But there has been a core group of people
> who've been trying to continue to bring innovation to CLE. Was/Is
> there still a danger of stagnation? Yes.

Perhaps stagnating isn't the right word.  I think stalled is a better
term.  The CLE had a lot of momentum - until OAE appeared as a
distraction.  The nice thing about a stall is that it's possible to
re-start given some energy and re-commitment.  Personally, I think the
CLE has a fair bit of life left in it.

- Mark