[DG: Open Forum] "Business 2.0" - Sakai Facebook Style Features?

Charlie Macchia charlie at BrainOVision.com
Tue Jan 17 11:42:54 PST 2012

Hi all,

A startup company I¹m currently working with is often demonstrating Jive ­ a
powerful ³Business 2.0² buzzword compliant solution ­ however, for many of
these customers, the pay-as-you-play model that Jive offers is a
showstopper.

I showed the guys the OAE last night ( just ran the in-memory demo ),
they¹re intrigued ­ but they¹re wondering about the Facebook style aspects,
things like streaming subscriptions to a personal wall, bridging across
multiple sites ( having the same tool either in two or more different sites,
or having the content or update alerts of that tool able to be streamed into
a personal or group wall ). I know one of the big features chatted about
back in the days of ³3akai² was to be the social aspects ­ and since so much
of the OAE experience these days is about doing a hybrid system with 2.x and
the OAE, I have to wonder how far one can go with the more open aspects -
(³Bridging² across sites is often the term I hear used ) - especially since,
the 2.x version had its limits on this sort of thing.

Unfortunately, I haven¹t been heavily involved with Sakai since 2010, so I¹m
essentially wondering how far the OAE has come along since, and where¹s the
best place to check this out? ( especially, as mentioned, the social
Facebook style features? )

Thanks Again,
Charlie