[DG: Open Forum] rSmart & SunGard HE Partner on Sakai

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Tue Sep 28 13:53:05 PDT 2010

Nate,

Thanks for sharing this exciting news!

Over the years rSmart and the many other Sakai Commercial Affiliates have
demonstrated how vital commercial entities are for the long-term success
of open-source/community-source projects.  The contributions they make to
our development efforts, the commercial support options they provide and
the thought leadership they bring in helping decision makers understand
open-source are critical, from my perspective, to sustaining our open
ecosystem (excuse the buzz word).  The new partnership between rSmart and
SunGard Higher Education will further expand and diversify these
contributions and make all of our organizations and institutions stronger
for it.

My thanks to you and everyone else at rSmart and SunGard HE who I am sure
have worked hard to make this partnership possible.

Josh

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College