[DG: Open Forum] kamenetz plenary address

Nate Angell nangell at rsmart.com
Tue Jun 22 07:51:46 PDT 2010

Luke:

I'm sure others made different connections with @anya1anya's #sakai10
keynote, but my thoughts went toward the ways in which Sakai has
supported loosening the boundaries around what counts as teaching,
learning, research, and collaboration, as well as how the Sakai
portfolio community in particular has worked to help shift assessment
to more authentic practices. Both of these demonstrate to me ways in
which institutional practices are being inflected by and/or are taking
up the same concerns as what Anya describes in DIY U.

These are legacies well-established in Sakai to date, that I expect to
see continue in our activities going forward.

I'm not sure that the keynote recording is posted yet, but I believe
it was captured.

Sorry we didn't see you at the conference!

--
Nate Angell
Client Evangelist