[DG: Open Forum] Hosting the EuroSakai 2012?

Benneker, Frank W.F.M.Benneker at uva.nl
Thu Aug 26 06:59:12 PDT 2010

 David ( & others),

The two last European Sakai conferences in Valencia and Stockholm showed us that there quite some nice stories to be told from an European perspective. I think that together with the European Sakai partners (educational & commercial) it isn't a problem to organize an interesting & worthwhile EuroSakai pre-conference.

Some rough ideas on rainy dutch afternoon
Session could be on user stories and the European perspective on educational & research best practices while using Sakai. We could also invite other major European projects that share a common interest like OLAT, e-framework projects (JISC ;), ten-competence, COIN etc, etc. Another idea might be an working session on possibilities for cooperation and European funding. And of course we should also address the different cultural and i18n issues in Sakai community in a European context.

Ian, what are you thoughts on an European day in Berlin next year ?
What issues should we address that are of (major) interest for the Sakai Foundation ?

Frank