[WG: I18N & L10N] Possible Spanish Roster translation issue?

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Tue Sep 9 23:07:01 PDT 2014

We talked about this topic yesterday in the S2U meeting.

Two years ago, a voting was done between spanish-sakai list members
about the official translation of Roster. While "Orla" is a valid word
recognized by the official institutions (1), is not well known in some
spanish-speaking countries, so we all decided to translate it as
"Participantes" (2). The translation was made by Miguel Carro, but it
seems that it was reverted later.

I don't know how the word "Listado" was introduced, but it was not in
the proposed translations for that voting.

So FYI yesterday we decided to create a JIRA to change the translation
from "Orla" to "Participantes".

Best regards.

1) http://buscon.rae.es/drae/srv/search?id=7RQdfj1XMDXX2ptlBWzK
2)
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/spanish-sakai/2012-July/000956.html

Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de E-learning - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
No hay día más perdido que aquel en que no hemos reído. (Charles Chaplin)