[WG: I18N & L10N] Mexican Spanish issue

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu May 29 08:49:05 PDT 2014

Right, the java locale fallback would be to go

es_MX -> es -> en

So without an es the text is just appearing in English. I'd personally be
happy with either keeping es_ES in sync or just making your files from
es_ES the default as es and not having an es_ES variation. You could still
select es_ES from the translation menu in preferences but it would just
immediately fallback to es. That would eliminate having to do changes twice
at least. Whatever you decide though.

I think it would be good just in-case other Spanish countries like es_CO,
es_PR or es_AR, etc decide they also want to support a language with only
slight variations, for instance. :)