[WG: I18N & L10N] Mexican Spanish issue

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com
Thu May 29 08:38:12 PDT 2014

Hi:

As now Spanish (from Spain) is "es_ES" and not "es" (as some time ago),
when there is not "es_MX" it uses the default (that is english) . I think
before that "es_MX" searched for "es" when there is not "es_MX" file
(please, if I'm wrong someone can correct me).

So, maybe other solution can be duplicate all the "es_ES" files to "es" and
have it as basis for all the spanish translations. better than mix es_ES
with es_MX becuase if we do that, México people won't know what is missing
or not to translate

The problem can be to maintain "es" and "es_ES" because we will need to do
changes twice... or always duplicate files when we change in "es_ES"...

> Hi i18n,
>
> I found a major regression in that Mexican Spanish in 10.0 mostly shows
> English, except for a few places.
>
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-26268
>
> FYI - the team is working quickly to get out an 10.0-RC01 (like in the
> next day or so) , and while i18n issues are not normally considered
> blockers, it would be nice to get this one fixed ASAP.
>
> One option could be to hide the es_MX translations in 10.0 until it is
> fixed.
>
> I guess another could be to copy es_ES (Spain) over to es_MX , except
> for the few es_MX properties that exist.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Neal
>

> --
> Neal Caidin
> Sakai Community Coordinator
> Apereo Foundation
> neal.caidin at apereo.org
> Skype me! (but let me know in advance for the first interaction) - nealkdin

*Diego del Blanco Orobitg*
Spain & LATAM Regional Manager (*ANI Sakai*)
Apereo LATAM Representative (*Apereo Foundation*)

P: (+34) 653 683 489
E: ddelblanco at anisakai.com
Sk: ddelblanco.ani