[WG: I18N & L10N] [Building Sakai] Problem with resources tool in Sakai 10

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Tue Jun 24 03:38:51 PDT 2014

The i18n does not support numbers with trailing space in translations
for sakai_properties.vm

We get an error that ends the frame processing.

<h2>VelocityViewServlet : Error processing a template for path ''</h2>
Invocation of method 'parseInt' in  class java.lang.Integer threw
exception java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: &quot;5
&quot; at /vm/resources/sakai_properties.vm[line 125, column 38]
<pre>
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: &quot;5 &quot;
	at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)

I can fix the French translation and even configure Crowdin not to
enable translating those numbers, but I think there's an issue with the
i18n.

Here is the code that leads to the failure when the "translated" number
has a trailing space.

         #set($count = $tlang.getString("dropdown.${type}.count"))
         #set($Integer = 0)

         <select name="${propname}" id="${propname}">

         #foreach( $n in [1..$Integer.parseInt($count)] )

I'm gonna configure Crowdin for the file that contains those numbers
that don't need to be translated and get a clean fr_FR export. How
should we proceed for fixing this in 10, Neal?

Cheers,

J-F