[WG: I18N & L10N] Wiki Translation

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Jun 20 02:01:57 PDT 2014

Hi, Igor.

Default Wiki pages are created from PrepopulatePages.properties
templates when you add the tool to the site BUT the language used is the
one you have configured as default in your tomcat, not the user's
choice. Therefore the tool is not fully i18ned, at least until 2.9.

If you want to change these templates in a site, you can use the {index}
macro and edit them.

If you want to change every generated page in Wiki, AFAIK this is only
possible with SQL queries, changing the content field in
rwikicurrentcontent table. Some time ago we did that to replace our help
pages, which were generated in english, and it was quite messy. I still
have the SQL queries that we used, if you think they can be useful for you.

Hope it helps.
Best regards.

El 20/06/14 10:41, igor Novopashenny escribió:

> Hi!
>
> I'm working on the Russian translation of Wiki and found one strange
> thing.
>
> I have several Servers for tests.
>
> On one of them, that has Russian localisation all texts are shown
> correctly in Russian,
>
> On the other one, without Russian localisation, some texts are shown
> in English.
>
> For Example, the texts that are saved in
>
> PrepopulatePages.properties wiki_edit_right  and other are shown in
> English.
>
> The same is with the text in jsp_history_permissions_help  from
> Messages.properties.
>
> Why it happens and how I can change it?
>
> There are also some strings that I can't translate at all
>
> For example "Home" at the upper left corner of Wiki Page
>
> Or Edit_right
> <http://sakai100.escience.uni-bremen.de:8080/portal/tool/bc893930-396e-4600-8ccb-fd75d6e3fa7e?pageName=%2Fsite%2F97564dff-2f20-48e8-887c-4eb3bf43fc86%2Fedit_right&action=edit&panel=Main&realm=%2Fsite%2F97564dff-2f20-48e8-887c-4eb3bf43fc86>
> or Help Page
>
> How it is possible to translate them?
>
> Regards
>
> Igor

Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de E-learning - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Vivimos en un mundo donde nos escondemos para hacer el amor, mientras la
violencia se practica a plena luz del día. (John Lennon)