[WG: I18N & L10N] Translation of the tools names and theit description in SAKAI 10 Version

Gao Jun gaojun at fudan.edu.cn
Mon Jun 16 05:33:03 PDT 2014

As far as I know, the text of tool title and description is fetched with
the following order.

1. User specified name (which can be modified in 'Sites' in Admin Workspace)
2. Properties of '{tool id}.title' and '{tool id}.description in
tool_{locale}.properties
3. Title and description defined in tool registration XML file

The problem Igor met is due to
1. Sign-up is a new tool and only can get title/description from XML file.
2. In Sakai 10, roster2 is used, so the original value of roster in
properties file cannot be loaded.

So, I think it's better to add all core tools and most widely used tools
title/description in properties file. This will help translator a lot.

Cheers,
Gao Jun

于 2014年06月16日 20:17, Neal Caidin 写道: