[WG: I18N & L10N] French start to use Crowdin, will you join us ?

Mark Breuker mbreuker at loi.nl
Thu Oct 17 04:49:33 PDT 2013

Hi Yuji,

There would be a great benefit I think when the community can agree on a single platform because then it would be possible to integrate the synching of the translations with SVN via the automated build process (continuous localization).

I used CrowdIn for the OAE translation and found it a very useful tool. I also had a quick glance at Transifex which appeared very similar feature wise but also the translation UI looks nearly the same. One advantage of Transifex is that it allows you to work with releases. Thus you can maintain the translations for TRUNK and the current maintenance branch separately. CrowdIn is free for Open Source projects. I noticed Transifex mentions a free plan for Open Source project on their website so this seems contrary to your experiences. I have created a page in confluence where we can compare Transifex with CrowdIn:

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/KwAkBQ

The French community looked at both Transifex as CrowdIn. Perhaps they can also share their findings here?

I have invited you as a translator in CrowdIn. So please feel free to evaluate it against Transifex.

Kind regards,

Mark

Mark Breuker
Product Owner