[WG: I18N & L10N] How do we set priority for i18n issues

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Wed Jun 26 02:58:41 PDT 2013

Hi fellow translators and others not using the default language,

I'm requesting your opinion on the severity of i18n issues by category.

JIRA has the following priorities:

Blocker
     Blocks development and/or testing work, production could not run.
Critical
     Crashes, loss of data, severe memory leak.
Major
     Major loss of function.
Minor
     Minor loss of function, or other problem where easy workaround is
present.
Trivial
     Cosmetic problem like misspelt words or misaligned text.

How do you think this applies to the following categories?

Images that cannot be translated (e.g. SAM-2130)

Values that cannot be translated (e.g. SAK-23083)

Duplicate default values (e.g. SAK-15375)

Encoding (e.g. SAK-12895)

Split Strings (e.g. SAM-1019, SAK-22016)

Debug locale not working (e.g. PRFL-806)

Already translated values that are not reused (e.g. "Files in your Drop
Box can only be seen by you and the site maintainers. Other participants
cannot access them.", "Drop Box" has already been translated)

Mixing configuration and internationalization (e.g. SAK-23289)

Display of dates (e.g. SAK-23494)

Display of time (e.g. SAK-21079, screenshot-1.jpg)

Ordering issues (e.g. SAK-12556)

If you know i18n issues that do not fit these categories, please propose
new categories and give an example.

Cheers,

Jean-François