[WG: I18N & L10N] My plan for smoothly including Pearsons' translations

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Fri Jul 12 01:43:24 PDT 2013

Hi Shoji,

I've been told the French translation was incomplete and this was
annoying users who rely on it outside of France.

I'm trying to lower the barrier for those who would like to benefit from
Pearson's translation. It seem to me that putting it into contrib or
msub won't lower the barrier.

Gao Jun asked me not to do this for the zh_CN translation because he
will provide a better one soon. Because I haven't heard about requests
for using Pearson's zh_CN translation, I think I can wait for his update.

I haven't heard heard about requests for using Pearson's ja_JP
translation, I can also not create a ja_JP_Pearson locale variant and
wait for an update if the Japanese community asks.

To manage the variants that do not increase the translation coverage, I
would ask the institutions that need those to do the updates in
subversion themselves. Training and help could be provided by volunteers
who already know how to do this. Do you have another idea in mind?

J-F