[WG: I18N & L10N] My plan for smoothly including Pearsons' translations

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Wed Jul 10 03:21:21 PDT 2013

Hi,

As written under 'Managing translation updates' two months ago, I was
wondering how to benefit from Pearsons' translations without disturbing
the maintained translations.

For the languages that are maintained and whose maintainers want to
review the contributed translations, I plan to add the translations to a
variant of the locale <language>_<country>_Pearson.

For the languages that are not maintained or whose maintainers do not
mind getting the contributed translations as is, I plan to replace the
current translations with the contributed ones.

Here is a list of the new variant locales with Pearson's translations:
es_ES_Pearson
fr_CA_Pearson
fr_FR_Pearson
ja_JP_Pearson
nl_NL_Pearson
zh_CN_Pearson

Here is a list of the locales that will have their translations, when
available, replaced by Pearson's:
de
en_GB
it
ko
pt_BR
pt_PT
zh_TW

Please correct me if I misunderstood the information I got about the
locale you're maintaining.

Please feel free to ask questions too.

If all is fine, I plan to revert the translation inclusions that were
done before and add them again as planned above unless I see approval
comments by locale maintainer in the corresponding JIRA issue.

Cheers,
--
Jean-François