[WG: I18N & L10N] Automagic translations (was: How long does it take to translate Sakai CLE)

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Tue Jul 2 23:55:16 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Some time back (June 2010) Jean-Francois reviewed a simple script that I wrote that used Google translate or Yahoo to update property files (as a start point). Jean Francois's conclusion at the time was that there were too many subtle and unsubtle mistakes in the translations. I was wondering if the quality of the translations has improved over time, if so job well done.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/amberg/translation/trunk

Perhaps a field trial?

Regards,
           Alan

Alan Berg

Innovation working group
On the use of ICT in Education & Research
University of Amsterdam