[WG: I18N & L10N] Status of Sakai CLE 2.9.1

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Jan 4 08:21:22 PST 2013

Hey All,

We have not yet released 2.9.1-RC01.  We have been wrestling with a difficult bug -

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22978 - Performance issue with group member items in gradebook.

On the positive side we have had a lot of testing on 2.9.x, so when RC01 gets cut, we should be able to focus on regression, and may not need an RC02 for final production (GA - general availability). On the assumption we will not need an RC02, I estimate the final release of Sakai CLE 2.9.1 between the end of January and mid-February.

Here is one possible way the schedule could play out for an early February release:
* week of January 21 - 2.9.1 RC01 delivered
* week of January 28 - QA testing
* week of February 4 - 2.9.1 released

Please let me know if you have questions. I'll send an update to the user community lists next week with the updated schedule, but wanted you to know first (and with a little more detail).

Cheers and Happy Friday!

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org