[WG: I18N & L10N] [Using Sakai] Sakai german translation

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Thu Feb 28 06:09:34 PST 2013

Hi Igor,

I took a look at your catalina.out file and found the error pasted below as the root cause. I would suggest the following:

1) Get a updated version of trunk ("cd sakai; svn update"), to make sure you have the most current code. We had a problem with trunk not building a few days ago.

2) Deploy a clean version of tomcat 7 (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Install+Tomcat+7)

3) try compiling and deloying again

It looks like a previous (sakai/tomcat) deployment might have caused this problem. Let us know if this helps or not.

Good luck!
- Beth

2013-02-28 11:19:51,950 ERROR localhost-startStop-1 org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactor\
y - Failed to preinstantiate the singleton named org.sakaiproject.accountvalidator.dao.impl.ValidationLogi\
cDaoTarget. Destroying all Spring beans.
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.a\
ccountvalidator.dao.impl.ValidationLogicDaoTarget' defined in file [/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.37/compo\
nents/accountvalidator-pack/WEB-INF/spring-hibernate.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.sakaiproj\
ect.springframework.orm.hibernate.GlobalSessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nest\
ed exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'or\
g.sakaiproject.springframework.orm.hibernate.GlobalSessionFactory' defined in file [/opt/tomcat/apache-tom\
cat-7.0.37/components/sakai-kernel-component/WEB-INF/db-components.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean \
'org.hibernate.cache.CacheProvider' while setting bean property 'cacheProvider'; nested exception is org.s\
pringframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.hibernate.cache.Cac\
heProvider' defined in file [/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.37/components/sakai-kernel-component/WEB-INF/db\
-components.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.NotWritable\
PropertyException: Invalid property 'sakaiCacheManager' of bean class [org.sakaiproject.springframework.or\
m.hibernate.SakaiCacheProvider]: Bean property 'sakaiCacheManager' is not writable or has an invalid sette\
r method. Does the parameter type of the setter match the return type of the getter?