[WG: I18N & L10N] WG: Sakai german translation

igor igor at escience.uni-bremen.de
Thu Feb 28 05:25:57 PST 2013

Hi all,

we wanted to translate SAKAI in German language.

First of all we have looked here:

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/I18N/How+to+Translate+Sakai

Than we got the actual SAKAI version

  svn co
<https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-all>
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-all sakai

as it was described.

After it we want to test the deployment of this version.

If we use

mvn clean install sakai:deploy
Dmaven.tomcat.home=/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.37/

The Build is unsuccessful.

If we skip the tests

mvn clean install sakai:deploy -Dmaven.test.skip
-Dmaven.tomcat.home=/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.37/

the build is successful, but we can't start SAKAI. See the attached
catalina.out.

So it seems, that the source Version is not OK?

If we use the trunk version

svn co https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/trunk trunk

We can depoy and run it without any problems. But not all properties files
are availible in this version.

Can you help us?

How can we get the full SAKAI Version to translate the properties files and
what steps after the translation are necessary.

Kind regards

Igor Novopasehnny

eScience Lab

Uni Bremen