[WG: I18N & L10N] I18N & L10N] First steps with i18n using Benten

Yuki Yamada y-yamada at kel.co.jp
Tue Jan 17 08:46:20 PST 2012

Hi Jean-Francois,

I'm using Benten for translation of Sakai. It seems that Benten does not have a function for generating the Translation Memory
(TMX). Therefore, I am doing as follows:

1. Download import_properties_1.4_1.zip from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/omegat/files/Other%20-%20Utilities/Java%20.properties%20Import%201.4%20update%201/ . It is a tool
for generating TMX from .properties files.
2. Unpack it, and run as "java -jar properties-import.jar".
3. A dialog will open. Choose the default bundle as EN-US, and choose the localization language which you'd like to localize to.
4. Choose the top folder of the Sakai sources which you checked out, and choose any folder to save TMX file.
5. Push import button, and wait for a while. Then, TMX file will be generated.
6. Move the TMX file to tmx folder of Benten. Check the preference from Window->Preferences->Translation->TM Preference->TMX
Location->Next Location on Benten. Now, the TMX can be used on Benten.

Sincerely,
Yuki Yamada