[WG: I18N & L10N] How to i18n sakai tools

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Wed Jan 4 04:59:41 PST 2012

                Hi all,

                Miguel Carro from Samoo and me are reviewing i18n at Sakai trunk and have found some basic bad practices, like hardcoding strings (https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/site-manage/trunk/site-manage-tool/tool/src/webapp/vm/sitesetup/chef_site-siteInfo-list.vm). I would like to encourage you to ask at i18n list if you have problems with i18n. For us, it will be a pleasure to help you or guide you in dealing with that kind of issues. Anyway, to help the community to deal with this we created i18n School at Confluence, which can be found at https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/I18N/i18n+School, where you'll find short and practical tutorials about how to fix this kind of problems. Of course, contributions/suggestions/whatever will be welcome. Just let us know.

                Thank you very much in advance.

                Best,
Dr. David Roldán Martínez
Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Sakai CLE QA lead for Internationalization
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CCCAE9.1B0F9AE0]

[cid:image004.jpg at 01CCCAE9.1B0F9AE0]