[WG: I18N & L10N] Locales specified in default properties

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Thu Jun 30 01:35:59 PDT 2011

Hi David,

a) You could check the code for _??.properties and _??_??.properties
files to learn about translations that are not on the list.

b) The Vietnamese was contributed after the release of 2.7.0 and before
the release of 2.8.0, IIRC. The Arabic, Russian, and others could be
outdated. There could be other criteria to find badly supported locales.
A first guess would be to look for the updated languages information on
the release page (BTW, French "French" is omitted on the 2.8.0 release
page), because even if i18n contributors have tried to preserve
translations with i18n fixes, to err is human. Another way would be to
know the locales you need and email the translation owners for
information and if you don't get information, try this list to get in
touch with others using the same language.

If you have time for this, I would really like to learn about your
default locale and the percentage of users that have set another one in
the preferences by locale chosen.

Regards

J-F