[WG: I18N & L10N] SAK-17694 and SAK-17692

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Tue Feb 1 14:01:50 PST 2011

Hi all,

I agree with you. This should be configurable depending on languages environment of the institution which is running Sakai. Then, two problems arises:

a) Where to place copyright types and their potential translation.
b) Which should be the default language when no translation is available.

To point a)
I would suggest sakai.properties:
copyright.languages.count = 3
copyright.languages.1 = es
copyright.languages.2 = ca
copyright.languages.3 = en

copyrightTypes.es.count=N
copyrighttype.es.<type1> = bla, bla, bla
copyrighttype.es.<type2> = bla, bla, bla
copyrighttype.es.<typeN> = bla, bla, bla

copyrightTypes.ca.count=N
copyrighttype.ca.<type1> = ble, ble, ble
copyrighttype.ca.<type2> = ble, ble, ble
copyrighttype.ca.<typeN> = ble, ble, ble

copyrightTypes.en.count=N
copyrighttype.en.<type1> = bli, bli, bli
copyrighttype.en.<type2> = bli, bli, bli
copyrighttype.en.<typeN> = bli, bli, bli

Or place this information in a xml file and process it in a proper way.

To point b) a copyright.default.language parameter can be used.

Hope this helps. Of course, any other feedback will be highly appreciated. S2U group is working very hard on these two issues and would like to get community feedback as soon as possible to find an acceptable solution to them.

Thank you very much in advance.

David

_______