[WG: I18N & L10N] [WG: Sakai QA] 2.6.2: SAK-17563

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Tue Jan 5 01:42:08 PST 2010

Hi Beth,

     I think it would be useful to have a working variant localization
that differs from the language and language/locale localization, a test
plan to check if the difference gets through and the corresponding
localization included in the default configuration. I think all this
should be done in this issue and would enable anybody to check this on a
trunk or 2.7 QA server.

Haven't the K-12 already provided localizations?

Don't get me wrong, I will be very glad to be able to create fr_FR_UPMC
translations when I have to use a localization different from other
fr_FR institutions.

I think this needs to be properly tested through QA and evaluated
through the Release Management of Maintenance Branches in order to get
into 2.6.

J-F

Beth Kirschner a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Francois,
>
>    SAK-17563 fixes a bug in the user preferences tool to allow local
> institutions to create their own variant localizations (e.g. K-12 might
> need an informal english variant defined as "en_EN_informal"). There are
> no kernel changes needed to get this to work, however testing would need
> to be done on a local test server  that defines at least one variant
> properties file (e.g. calendar_en_EN_informal.properties).
>
> - Beth
>
> On Jan 4, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:
>
>> Looks like a nice new feature. Aren't there changes in kernel to get
>> this to work completely?
>>
>> I can't find language/locale/variant localizations in sakai (SVN dir
>> with externals) trunk, 2.7.x or 2.6.x (find . -name
>> '*_??_??_*.properties'). Are they in independent release tools or
>> somewhere else?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> J-F
>>
>> Anthony Whyte a écrit :
>>> Merged to 2.7.x.  Beth is asking for someone to verify this fix in 2.6.x
>>> Beth Kirschner
>>> <http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=bkirschn>
>>> added a comment - 11-Dec-2009 10:09
>>> Merged to 2.7.x -- still need testing to verify and merge to 2.6.x [
>>> Show »
>>> <http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17563?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel>
>>> ]
>>> Beth Kirschner
>>> <http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=bkirschn>
>>> added a comment - 11-Dec-2009 10:09 Merged to 2.7.x -- still need
>>> testing to verify and merge to 2.6.x
>>> Can someone test this fix for inclusion in 2.6.2
>>> http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17563
>>> Cheers,
>>> Anth