[WG: I18N & L10N] [Building Sakai] Sakai Kernel-1.1.0-beta1 Released

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Fri Sep 18 10:04:17 PDT 2009

This new kernel release also fixes the long-standing
internationalization problem, where page & tool titles were not
dynamically localized to a user's preferred language/locale. In past
releases, this resulted in a confusing mix of english and non-english
(e.g. tool menu and column headers were in one language, while page/
tool titles were in english). Now the page/tool titles will
dynamically change to reflect a user's preferred language/locale.

- Beth