[WG: I18N & L10N] i18n strings duplicated across projects

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Wed Sep 9 07:04:16 PDT 2009

Beth,

With config avalaible, you're right we don't need another project and
this is a bug fix. The name config made me forget there already was
localization in it.

I'm afraid the link in SAK-12351 to
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-bundles/ does not
work anymore.

I would favor a common directory in
localization/bundles/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/localization/bundle for
these shared strings.

Instead of adding a test in ResourceLoader.getString() and having to
update the kernel, I would favor tools explicitly calling the common
bundle properties.

What do you think?