[gradebook2-dev] Group awareness for gradebook items

JOSE MARIANO LUJáN GONZáLEZ jmariano at um.es
Thu Nov 21 08:25:59 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

We (University of Murcia) are jumping in this thread just because you
can't believe how interested we are in the increase of the group
functionality in Gradebook2 (or even 1). We have been running GB2 in
production for 3 complete years now (14000 sites).

i.e. scenario: We implement course management and most of our sites have
sections (they include different ta's for each section) and in a lot of
cases they need different grading structures for each section within a site.

We could provide more information on the different scenarios and we
might be able to help on the process if someone finally want to move on
with this. Due to continuous complains from our instructors, our
institution is now in a point where, if GB1 decide to implement/complete
group functionality, we would probably move everyone to GB1. We prefer
the UI from GB2 but not fully section awareness support is becoming a
big thing :-[ .

So, this email is mainly to show our interest in the subject and get
feedback from others to see if the GB2 community is also interested on
it. Obviously, we 100% support Jim's proposal about increasing group
functionality in GB2.

Thanks in advance,
Mariano