[gradebook2-dev] Group awareness for gradebook items

Jim Mezzanotte jmezzanotte at anisakai.com
Thu Nov 21 07:39:48 PST 2013

Hi GB2 team,

We've discovered a change in behavior for the original Gradebook, and
I wanted to get your feedback before I submit an enhancement request
for similar functionality in Gradebook2.

Gradebook now provides group awareness for group-targeted items sent
from other tools. So if you target an assignment or assessment to a
particular group and then send scores to Gradebook, the gradebook item
only displays to members of that group.

Gradebook didn't use to behave this way--if you sent scores for a
group-targeted assignment or assessment to the tool, the gradebook
item displayed to all site members, not just the group.

It would be great if Gradebook2 could also provide this group
awareness, but I'm not sure how this would be accomplished--or how it
was done for Gradebook, since the only JIRA I can find
(https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20601) is unresolved and
tentative for Sakai 10.

I'm not sure if this was a change on the Gradebook side, or with the
other tools--or if this functionality is already on the GB2 roadmap.
Thanks in advance for advice on how I should proceed with this
functionality request.

Best,
Jim Mezzanotte
Asahi Net International