[gradebook2-dev] [Building Sakai] gradebook and gradebook2 iRubric integration

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Fri May 31 15:53:01 PDT 2013

Hi, John

I'm having trouble seeing the distinction you're drawing. Assignments and
T&Q, as the examples, both have a UI's, of course; and, grading for those
takes place in those respective UI's.  The items don't always
have a grade at the time of the association of that item with the
grade store.. So, each of those tools have a mechanism for defining an
item, defining the item's association with the grade store, and for
sending grades to the store when graded from their respective UI's.

Also, I can't picture what you're seeing as being an obstacle here:
'... you'd also have an issue that you wouldn't be able to use irubric
to help grade an assignment.'

Again, not sure what you're thinking about there, a primary point of
this integration being to allow precisely that sort of thing...and
that's what the link in the GB2 UI would provide for, for all the
tools..... so in a broad swathe, since I really missed the specific
point there, is that externally provided tools generally 'own' the
grading process for the items they associate with the store; I imagine
iRubric to not be an exception to that. And, it may not be germane,
but some tools, I believe, have a way of associating with an item and
also allowing the GB2 UI be a locus for grading.... but, at the
moment, I am not sure of the status of that (assignments I think) ..in
any case, that is a less restrictive relationship and so, I think,
can't be related to what you are referring to .... on the other hand,
if it is, and you are saying that iRubric does not provide a UI
component for the actual grading, then I misunderstand iRubric.

Anyway, I will be at Open Apereo next week... maybe we can wave hands
and whiteboard pens down there.