[gradebook2-dev] Grading: Assignment&Gradebook2

RAUL SANCHEZ VEGAS raulsv at um.es
Fri May 24 06:08:15 PDT 2013

Hi all

We have a couple of questions related to the Assignment tool's behaviour:

First question, steps:

1. In Assignment: The instructor creates an assignment and adds it to
the Gradebook tool.
2. In Gradebook2: The instructor selects the "Give ungraded no credit"
option on the assignment from step 1, therefore all students get 0
points on this item.
3. Now in Assignment: The instructor checks the assignment's scores and
they haven't been updated with 0 points.

We think this could be considered a bug.

Second question, steps:

1. In Gradebook2: The instructor creates a gradebook item called "GB Item".
2. In Assignment: The instructor creates an assignment associated with
"GB Item" from step 1.
3. In Gradebook2: The instructor grades any student on "GB Item".
4. In Assignment: The instructor tries to grade the same student from
step 3 and clicks "Save", however the score is not stored Asignment tool
or in Gradebook2. It still keeps the score from GB2, the one that was
introduced in step 3.

What's the reason for this behaviour? We've had several complaints about
this use case. We think that grades should be equally managed from both
tools so that an instructor can modify them either from Assignments or
from GB2.

Thanks in advance,
Raúl