[gradebook2-dev] show item statistics checkbox

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Mon May 20 18:27:58 PDT 2013

... what is it good for? (cue Edwin Starr)

This checkbox does not seem to be of any practical use outside of
confusing ppl. There was a hierarchical relationship btween this
checkbox setting and one or two others which was not made apparent in
the UI layout.

I could not find any code references to the setter or getter of this
value in edu-services trunk nor any references to the Gradebook field
itself. I also looked for any setting in GB1 in nightly2 for its use
and found none.

So in 1.9.0-b1 (to be released tonight) removes the checkbox and any
logical dependencies

>From a compatibility perspective I don't think there is a problem
removing it... and we might actually be better off.

As a result, each of the checkboxes in the gradbook setup panel should
now have an independent effect.

Does anyone have any thoughts/objections about that?

--
Jon Gorrono
PGP Key: 0x5434509D -