[gradebook2-dev] Allowing user to enter grades over the maximum

Schauer, Christopher R cschauer at txstate.edu
Fri Oct 5 13:35:44 PDT 2012

Hi all,

We've been getting requests to allow entry of grades over the possible score for a while now and it was the most requested feature in a recent faculty survey. Basically, they have tests where they have some extra credit questions and it's possible that students might score over 100% on a test. I went ahead and made the changes for our local Sakai build, but I'm a little concerned that there could be some unintended consequences as a result of this change. All this really entailed was changing the validation on the server when an item gets updated.

Does anyone familiar with the gradebook2 code know of any problems this might cause? I suspect everything will work fine (and it looks fine so far), but I've been advised to ask you guys about any potential problems.

Thanks so much, I know this is kind of an obscure question.

Chris