[gradebook2-dev] VERSION.txt

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Sat May 19 15:29:59 PDT 2012

I just committed a change to server/build.xml and VERSION.txt that
will allow you to specify the version displayed in the UI during a
build with a gb2.ui.version property

eg; mvn clean install -Psakai2.8 -Dgb2.ui.version=1.8.0

It works for all profiles and defaults to 'trunk' which was has been
the default value in that file up to now... so with no action the
behavior is unchanged from the current behavior

I've had originally thought that the maven-release-plugin would be a
good place to do this, but this makes an independent and more
lightweight process. Also, I think we can get that to work as well:

if the scm.version (supplied by the release plugin when creating a
tag) exists then it can override the above prop. value

--
Jon Gorrono
PGP Key: 0x5434509D -