[gradebook2-dev] Question about course grade calculation (# of decimal places)

Jim Mezzanotte jmezzanotte at rsmart.com
Wed Apr 4 11:48:23 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to determine how many demical places Gradebook2 uses when
calculating course grades.

When you're entering scores (in points) for an item, you can enter up
to five decimal places, yet the tool only displays to two decimal
places.

One of our clients is using a custom final grade export integration
with Banner. They noticed that, while course grades display to only
two decimal places both in Banner and in the tool, the export files
display to three decimal places.

I'm assuming the export is exposing what Gradebook2 does behind the
scenes--that is, the tool calculates course grades to three decimal
places, and then it rounds to display only two decimal places. Thanks
in advance if anyone can confirm, this is how the tool calculates
course grades?

Best,
Jim Mezzanotte
rSmart