[gradebook2-dev] Gradebook 2 working with sections

José Mariano Luján González jmariano at um.es
Wed May 18 08:16:44 PDT 2011

  Hi everyone!
This is José Mariano Luján from the University of Murcia, Spain, we are
using GB2 in our production-pilot this year, expecting to have it on
production for everyone next september. Right now we have 1.3.0 on 2.7.1
but we want to upgrade it to the latest version at the same time as we
move forward to 2.8, we are working on that now.

I was working on the permissions's configuration to be able to work
properly with sections and I have a couple of doubts.

- Is there a way to set up a new "grade item" or a "category" just for
one section?. The thing is that we will have some sites, with different
sections, and we are trying to have independence between sections so a
instructor from one section can set up gb just for his group and the
other instructor does the same thing for the other section.

- We are also worried about students viewing "grade items" that are not
for them, those items are from other sections but i havent seen the
proper way for configurating it. I´ve seen a jira for GB1 and I have
reproduced the same with GB2
"https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19668". I wanted to know if
that is actually solved or if it is expected to be solved anytime soon.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Mariano.