[gradebook2-dev] GRBK-485-1 (issue4223043)

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Mon Mar 7 15:31:12 PST 2011

Michael points out an incosistency in the way the config setting is checked.
If it's false or not set, the code rechecks the setting whenever the method
is called. If it' true, we never check again. Basically the method is
expressing disbelief that anyone could be so stupid as to choose a setting
other than true. :-)

Maybe the method should be less biased. ... is there any circumstance under
which a config setting can change?  If not, the initial value could be null,
in which case we could check the config setting. If it's true, we could set
the value to true and never check again. If it's not true (false or not set)
we could set it to false and never check again. Would that work?

Good catch, Mike.

Jim

Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless