[gradebook2-dev] Sakai target version for developing tools

Michael Wenk mjwenk at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 27 10:59:04 PDT 2011

I vote +1 on developing for 2.7.x as that is the version we QA the
software against.

I would also not be against using 2.8.x as the target version, but I
would prefer 2.7.x.  I think that trunk is currently too much of
moving target, so I don't think that is a good idea.

I also do not see that being forced to have a trunk version of Sakai
deployed to a tomcat as a requirement as a good thing.  I tend to
develop in hosted mode in trunk for gradebook2, but for sakai
development I use whatever version of sakai we're either running in
prod, or running in test, which is very rarely trunk.

If the community's decision is to stick with trunk then why not have a
specific pom and directory that brings in our dependencies?  I see in
Sakai's trunk they have -deploy directories with poms that bring in
the various dependencies that are needed.

Mike

--
Michael Wenk
mjwenk at ucdavis.edu