[gradebook2-dev] Fwd: hello/introduction and a couple Sakai/Gradebook2 questions

Thomas Amsler tpamsler at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jan 13 13:56:04 PST 2011

From: Broniak, Brian <bbroniak at vt.edu>
Date: Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Subject: RE: hello/introduction and a couple Sakai/Gradebook2 questions
To: Thomas Amsler <tpamsler at ucdavis.edu>

I had actually found the resources you point out below.  Was hoping
for a more user-friendly way to figure out what's in a release.  I'm
looking for things to tell our faculty here...they don't really care
much about detailed lists of fixes (even though they appreciate
them)...for my release notes, I'm going with feature enhancements.  I
know I can look at categories in JIRA and see these...just thinking
maybe there was an easier way than reading through hundreds of them.
In any case, I can work with it.  Wanted to know this was your
preferred way and given that it is, I can go that route.

Good to know about 1.4.  We'll be upgrading Gradebook most likely with
our yearly Scholar upgrade...so when we go to 2.7.X, we'll also up
this tool.  I know we're not tied into that, but it's best for us in
terms of training, documentation, communication.   Our dev team here
is pretty small, so we have limited capacity to do too much (if I had
a bigger team, I'd love for us to jump in and help on some
fixes/changes for gbook, but it's just not in our budget).

Thanks very much,
Brian