[gradebook2-dev] Requesting input on Gradebook2 SampleInstitutionalAdvisor.submitFinalGrade(...) API

Qu, Yuanhua yq12 at txstate.edu
Tue Dec 13 06:48:36 PST 2011

We, at Texas State University, just finished final grade submission for this final.

First, I tried  with jersey Response object to be passed back as Michael Wenk suggested,  there were two obstacles at that time for us for this approach

1. It required higher version of jersey (we are using gb2 1.3.1 and will move to 1.7 if it is released in Jan,2012)
2. I couldn't make all pieces working properly even if I tried higher version within a short time

So I ended up second approach,  use the "normal" REST JSON way to send data back to the
Client  which like Thomas Amsler's suggestion, seemed easy for me to make it work as we expected, from the returning restful data, we can guide user to the submission server, or send error message to user if connection failed.

Thanks.

-Qu