[gradebook2-dev] correct oracle conversion sql?

Stephen Jaegle sjaegle at mail.uri.edu
Fri Oct 8 17:07:19 PDT 2010

Hi Folks:

I have downloaded the gradebook2 1.3.0 tag and in the process of
preparing it for our Sakai 2.6.x/Oracle environment I notice that
there are two slightly different oracle database conversion sqls. I do
not have any earlier version installed.

tags/1.3.0/sakai/2-6-x/INSTALL.txt refers to client/src/sql/oracle/gb-
datamodel-changes.sql, which does not seem to exist, but there is a
client/src/sql/oracle/sakai_gradebook2.sql which will do the job. So
far so good, but there is also sakai/2-6-x/sql/oracle/
sakai_gradebook2.sql, which is similar, but not the same. Based on
looking at the svn logs, diffing the files and greping about, it looks
like the sakai/2-6-x version is the one to go with, rather than the
client/src one.

Please let me know if I'm wrong. If I am right I would be happy to
update INSTALL.txt, but I don't know where or to whom to submit it.

Thanks,

Steve