[Contrib: Evaluation System] FYI: Evaluation System and Sakai 10+

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Mon Jun 9 14:20:14 PDT 2014

Folks -

Do to upstream dependency changes, some things needed to be changed for
compatibility with Sakai 10+ so that evalsys tests would pass. It was
technically possible to build evalsys but only if you skip tests.

Lessons handles this by having various directories that you can swap out
depending on Sakai version:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/lessonbuilder/trunk/tool/

But to me, that seemed to be too much work to maintain.

Overall, Sakai tools are moving away from maintaining their own version
scheme and just using Sakai's again. I noticed that a sakai-10 branch has
been created.

If you need compatibility with Sakai 2.9 or earlier, I recommend the
evalsys 1.4.x branch. I've made the executive decision to update trunk to
support Sakai 10+ so that the tests will pass and I'll be backporting that
fix to the Sakai 10 evalsys branch. This addresses
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-1389.

Thanks,
Nicola