[Contrib: Evaluation System] QA server for evaluation trunk?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Jul 11 15:32:01 PDT 2014

I committed the contributed patch from Gao Jun on SAM-2276 which upgrades
the itext version, so maybe that will get it to build correctly tonight. I
can't really think of what else could be causing it. Same maven version and
java version as I've got locally.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Matthew Jones <matthew at longsight.com>
wrote:

> Not yet, it looks like Samigo is still strangely failing when trying to
> build on trunk experimental but not regular.
> It would be here under trunk experimental build.
> http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org/
>
> The jar is available in maven central, but for some reason it doesn't try
> to get it from there, just for that particular jar on that server. Pretty
> unusual, it only tries (and fails) from source.sakaiproject.org.
> http://repo1.maven.org//maven2/com/lowagie/itext/2.0.7/
>
> The version would be evaluation trunk as defined in the externals here.
>
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-experimental/.externals
>
> And it works fine for me locally . . . Very strange.
>

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Jim Mezzanotte <jmezzanotte at anisakai.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Just to confirm--do we have any instances for the version of Eval Sys
>> included in Sakai 10, and is that version 1.5?
>>
>> Best,
>> Jim Mezzanotte
>> Asahi Net International
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Neal Caidin <neal.caidin at apereo.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Right. I looked in the catalina.out instead of the build logs.
>>>
>>> Thanks for finding this!
>>>
>>> I hope someone has time to fix in the meantime!
>>>
>>> -- Neal
>>>

>>>   Matthew Jones <matthew at longsight.com>
>>>  July 8, 2014 at 3:34 PM
>>> Looking at the build logs, it looks like this has been broken since
>>> 02-Jul-2014
>>>
>>> From a variety of errors in Assignment 2 likely related to
>>> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-26601
>>> [INFO] sakai-assignment2-impl ............................ FAILURE
>>> [4.240s]
>>> The quick fix is to remove assignment 2 from this build. I won't
>>> personally be able to do anything else until probably next week though
>>> others might.
>>>

>>>   Neal Caidin <neal.caidin at apereo.org>
>>>  July 8, 2014 at 3:20 PM
>>>  According to http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org , it is running on the
>>> Experimental build, http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8085/portal
>>> (though, ahem, it seems to be broken at the moment.)
>>>

>>> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-experimental/TOOLS.txt
>>>
>>> Can someone from sakai-dev please take a look at the Experimental build
>>> and see why it is failing?
>>>
>>> Looks like it might be a problem with the Archive tool?
>>>
>>> Jul 08, 2014 2:43:33 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
>>> SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive
>>> /home/tomcat-contrib/sakai-demo/webapps/sakai-archive-tool.war
>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
>>> org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component