[Contrib: Evaluation System] Evaluation-specific submission confirmation emails

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Tue Jul 8 07:24:53 PDT 2014

Hi all,

In updating our evaluations branch to 10.x, I came across https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/EVALSYS-765 which is for submission confirmation emails, originally implemented by UM then updated by UCT then merged to trunk by Jim Eng.

However, it turns out that the final part of UCT's implementation was to make the submission confirmation template emails editable per evaluation (in the same way that the opening and reminder emails can be edited for each evaluation). Here's the commit from our older branch that implements this:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/websvn/revision.php?repname=sakai-contrib&path=&rev=69275&peg=69275

Does anyone remember discussion about this? i.e. I'm wondering if it was an oversight not to commit this part of the code when EVALSYS-765 when into trunk, or whether there was a design discussion about this feature (the ability to customize submission confirmation emails) that decided it was a bad idea or people didn't want it.

Regards
Stephen

---
Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT, formerly CET and HAESDU)
University of Cape Town
http://www.cet.uct.ac.za<http://www.cet.uct.ac.za/>
stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za<mailto:stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za>
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.